Soft Tissue Organ Model
you know you want it squishy
“The main benefit of the models you are making for us is providing us with a wider range of testing environments; large, small, and different materials.”
Medical Device R&D Engineer
Did you ever want to lift up the corner of the liver to access the gallbladder? If so, you are likely a medical device R&D engineer. Do you occasionally need a prolapsing uterus? If so, you are probably a clinical trainer. Is suturing or stapling fat something you think about when you cannot sleepy? Maybe a medical device sales rep. Have you ever fantasized about navigating a scope into a soft distend-able bladder? You may be a product manager in need of a custom-made anatomy model.
No matter the anatomy target, no matter the tissue properties, the medical device or the surgical procedure, we can craft re-usable soft & squishy real-feel organs to match your demonstration and training requirements.
- Step 1: The first step is you get to tell us everything you need and want. What is the story you want to tell? How do you differentiate your product? What experience do you want to give surgeons? What is the ‘ah ha!’ moment that we can choreograph to make sure that practitioners come to the realization of the superiority of your device?
- Step 2: Second, we want to know all about your procedure & medical device.
- Step 3: Third, what are the characteristics of your anatomy target? How much of the procedure needs to be replicated? Are there parts of the procedure that are not part of your learning or for which surgeons already have a great deal of expertise and that anatomy does not need to be included? As there is no single standard human being, should we start with our digital human or would you like to provide patient data or measurements? Can you describe the organs, tissue, vessels, tracts – what do they feel like? Should the model be clear or opaque, realistically colored or all one color, enlarged or truncated, hold water or air pressure, healthy or diseased? Somewhat squishy or super squishy? Ultrasound-able? Ablate-able?
- Step 4: Fourth, Pulse MDM creates a model concept sketch to bring the ideas to life, to confirm our understanding, and give you something concrete to share with your team. The model concept sketch once finalized also gives us way to provide a qualified quote.
- Step 5: The fifth step is a project proposal & quote. Which means that everything that comes between steps one and four is at no charge, so no risk.
- Step 6: The sixth step is the Design & Definition portion of the model development project. You are fully involved in this step – reviewing images, evaluating materials, testing prototypes, which all ensures you get exactly the model you need. Different than just purchasing a stock model you are integral in the development of the final version of your surgical experience simulator model. It is a totally custom process that will deliver, with your input, the perfect model to demonstrate your medical device and procedure. In addition, Pulse MDM will never sell your model to anyone but you. Models custom developed for our clients are the sole property of those clients.
Individual organs or selected anatomy targets can be created to test, to demonstrate, and to allow practice with a medical device and procedure. Materials are selected to closely match the look and the feel, and to provide the desired; durometer, tear-strength, elongation, elasticity, resistance, smoothness, squishiness, or pop. Anatomy targets can be clinically realistic, ultrasound-able, consumable, and replaceable. You can positively transform surgeon training, marketing demonstrations, interactive exhibits by providing first-person, hands-on training. Models pictured as example are a belly plate model with muscle fascia and fat layers to practice a stapling procedure, a prolapsed uterus model for a women’s health treatment, a liver and pancreas model for a Gastro-intestinal medical device demonstration, and a prostate model for a BPH procedure.
A custom anatomy model can include specially selected and formulated materials created the same way every time and in the same designed shapes insuring consistency. Crafted to match representative anatomy or a specific anatomy target models offer the same qualities to match testing criteria. The processes used to make your model will yield the exact same model every single time, whereas if you have eight different lab specimens, then you are going to have an altered experience and get varied feedback. The tissue properties found on each lab specimen can differ. And it could cause unwanted variables.
Although these custom models are not available for sale to the public, we are delighted to make you a version that is specific to your unique medical device and procedure. Please use this link to start the process of receiving a model concept; a visual representation of how you will be able to promote your product and procedure. Pulse MDM does not charge for model concepts or the conversations around them so there is no risk to see how we can help you to tell your story in the most engaging and memorable way possible.