Lung Biopsy Model
Are you missing out by not going 3D?
“The new 3D model allowed physicians to practice our procedure hands-on and compare it with traditional practice methods. We loved that the model was compact, intuitive and beautifully designed.”
Vice President of Sales
We know that multi-sensory experiences promote understanding, retention, and recall. Models add touchto the visual and auditory content – making your product even more memorable.
Each time you have the opportunity to educate clients on the use and application of your device, you could be, and you really should be, showcasing & reinforcing your product in a way that is practical, realistic, eye-catching, and dynamic. Here’s how Angiotech used a model to spark curiosity, start conversations, and tell a more compelling story for their new medical device: BioSentry.
Angiotech’s BioSentry is the first device available that deploys a hydrogel plug preventing collapsed lung, the most common potential lung biopsy complication. (Over 250,000 lung biopsy procedures are performed annually in the US.)
The Angiotech sales and marketing team wanted a way for physicians to see where the device is ultimately deployed in the lung before using it on a patient. Angiotech Director of Sales; Scott Gassel, understood that letting the surgeon see the device demonstrated and then give them the opportunity to try it for themselves is the best way to take the application from “concept to reality.”
A model was designed that would let practitioners use BioSentry on a lung prototype so that they could experience and get comfortable using the device before they were in a surgical setting.
In practice the Angiotech team found that their new 3D model did exactly what is was designed to do; encouraged deeper and more constructive conversations with physicians. Physicians were able to compare it to traditional practices while giving the sales person the opportunity to emphasize the benefits, provide validation, address questions, and ultimately build trust. Consistently, when the salesperson used the demonstration model to communicate the key strategic messages, it won over physicians convincing them to make the change and adopt Angiotech’s new approach. The sales team loved that the model created for them was compact, lightweight, durable, intuitive, beautiful, simple and most importantly: effective.
Engaging prospective customers through a realistic & unforgettable surgical experience is a great tool to reinforce key strategic messages and highlight critical competitive differentiators – promoting understanding, encouraging trial, and boosting adoption of your medical device.
Training professionals and sales leaders are choosing models to support marketing efforts for a number of reasons.
- Engage the senses. Surgeons are by nature hands-on people. White papers, printed literature, slides, workshops, and discussions don’t provide the application, experience, and practice of a high-touch anatomy model.
- Is that a cadaver in your carry-on? If you need your customer to travel to your animal or cadaver lab you are consuming valuable time and money. A model can be designed for portability allowing you to take it or even to send it to your client easily and affordably. Created to be reused indefinitely with smartly designed consumables, models ensure that every physician gets a fresh & consistent experience
- Take a test drive. Can you be certain that the message was received as intended? Models can be expressly designed to achieve the desired outcome each time, engineered to deliver a specific experience, inviting the customer to ‘try it’ and learn for themselves the merits of your product.
- How about a dress rehearsal? Surgeons may not wish to try your device for the 1sttime in front of an audience of their peers. A model can be manipulated, poked, prodded, catheterized, incised, implanted, and sutured in private.
- Stretch a sales force. The number of salespeople you have and the number of potential customers you wish to reach is never a 1:1 ratio. Reaching market penetration can be greatly accelerated with marketing models. Made in quantity, visually appealing, tangibly tempting, branded, and sent directly to prospective clients – 3D marketing models deliver an experiential learning & marketing message at each person’s fingertips without a salesperson present
If you are dreaming of a hands-on solution that will provide a multi-sensory learning opportunity, adding touchto the visual and auditory content, a 3D model may be just the vehicle to help you tell a more engaging, compelling, and far more memorable story.
Do you want to create a lasting visual of how your product works in the body for physicians? This model was created so that surgeons could actually see and deploy the hydrogel plug into the lining of a ‘lung’. Because going through the chest wall and between the ribs were not differentiators, permanent holes through the chest, the lining, and into the lung were provided. This allowed repeated use of the model, eliminating consumable parts. A lesion in the lung was represented by a cavity of material instead of adding another part and the model was pared down to the smallest possible footprint for easy portability. The models can be used over and over to demonstrate the key strategic message, directly tackle physician objections & resistance, all while giving surgeons that important hands-on practice with the device.
Although this custom model is not available for sale to the public, we are delighted to make you a version that is specific to your unique medical device and procedure. Please use this link to start the process of receiving a model concept; a visual representation of how clinicians and patients will experience your product and procedure. Pulse MDM does not charge for model concepts or the conversations around them so there is no risk to see how we can help you to tell your story in the most engaging and memorable way possible.